Participating in a "LEMON GYM" students' run


    There's no doubt that 21st century can be called the era of technologies. This is not only a positive change to the humanity, but also an extremely negative from the aspect of physical activity. People spend more and more time by siting at a desk, scrolling trough social networks on their mobile phones and driving even to the nearest place. However, personally, I enjoy being active. For example, almost two weeks ago I took a part in a "LEMONGYM" students' run. Actually, half a month before that I practiced a little bit and went on a few runs per week. It made me feel confident about finishing 3 km distance in time on 11th of September.
    When the day came I was a little bit nervous about how am I going to perform. The start was quite late at 16.20 pm, however, the time flew so quickly that I didn't even noticed how me and my sister were already rushing to the race.
    The actual run was unforgettable! I can't even describe the feeling I had when I saw thousands of people of different age groups doing the same thing at the same time. The flow of students that streamed through Vilnius old town streets enchanted me and made feel proud to be a part of that.
   My goal was to run the distance faster than usual and I totally outdid myself. My time was 17.05 minutes, what is almost 3 minutes faster than I used to run.
Me(on the right) and my sister after a run (you can tell it by our red and happy faces)
Unfortunately, I didn't get to take a photo with a whole squad representing Vilnius lyceum, however, I was pleased enough by a medal and symbolic gifts got after a run from the organizers.
   I hope there will be more events like this in the future that stimulate and motivate people to move their body, because that's an extremely important part of a healthy lifestyle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job