Helping the poor

   The 22nd of October was not an ordinary Sunday for me as I dedicated the whole evening to volunteer work for "Food bank". It's a charity and support centre that collects food for the organizations that take care of poor people. Each year it arranges this kind of action of kindness during which volunteers invite people to donate food that does not expire for a long time. It includes grains, flour, sugar, oil, chocolate, canned food etc. That's exactly what volunteers, including me, were collecting.
   There were several tasks you could choose from and I was appointed to hand out little calendars for each person who donated. It felt so good to thank them for their kindness! My happiness grew higher and higher with each product given. I was amazed how much we collected in less than four hours! We could hardly turn around as there was boxes full of food everywhere.
You can see how wide my smile is!
   To be honest, I didn't really expected to like this kind of activity. I thought it would be boring but the time I have spent there passed extremely quickly! I enjoyed every minute of it and would do the same thing over and over again.
  Poverty is a huge problem not only in Lithuania but all around the world. It's important to address it in any way you can. I'm glad that I had this opportunity to help others and show my concern about this global problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job