Morning in Antakalnio cemetery

From right to left: Miglė, Ignė and I
   Even though yesterday was the first day of autumn holiday I did not get to sleep in. That's because at 10 a. m. I was already near Antakalnio cemetery waiting for others to go to clean part of the graveyard. So let me tell you everything from the start.
   On the set time we gathered together at agreed place and a really nice women met us. She was really talkative in a good way and kept a company for us till everyone came. After she gave us all we needed and showed what area to clean.
  I will admit, it was not easy to rake the leaves and at some point it even felt like a decent arm workout. However, I was determined enough to keep working till the end. Our group of around 10 people managed to clean a middle-sized field and a quite big area of graves in less than two hours. By coincidence as I was cleaning around graves some family was visiting the grave of their relative conductor. They were so thankful to us and complemented our dedication and kindness. I felt really proud to hear those words.
   Oh, I nearly forgot to mention how much I did not wanted to get up early from warm bed and go out into cold and wet weather. Despite the desire to stay home and do nothing I forced myself to serve others and clean the cemetery before the All Souls Day. Now I'm very glad I decided so because not only it made me feel better but I myself made others feel better as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job