Helping to save the children once again

   Not even a month have passed since I first volunteered for the "Save the children Lithuania" and I'm already back with another post of this activity. This time I shared the experience with my classmate Kamilė at the shopping centre "Mandarinas".
   To be honest, that evening my desire to volunteer was below zero. All I wished for after a long day at school was to get home as quickly as possible and curl up in my cozy bed with a cup of hot tea. However, despite of the aversion to the upcoming work the thought of a good cause kept me going.
   From the beginning till the end of volunteering hours the flow of people we met was minor but consistent. Kamilė and I agreed in advance to share the responsibilities this way increasing our efficiency. My job was to walk to people and introduce them to the program and Kamilė's job was to show how to make a donation on the terminal. Compared to the last time our team managed to convince almost the same amount of people, around eighteen, even though most of the passers-by were already familiar with the organization "Save the children" and their aim.
   It was nice to overcome myself and do an act of kindness even the small one for those children that are deprived of love, necessary thing for living, schooling and safe and warm environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job