Christmas mailbox

   It is a long-standing tradition in Vilnius lyceum to exchange Christmas letters. This year I got a chance to not only write cards to my new friends but to make a special Christmas letter box as well. I spontaneously agreed with the offer to join the making and do not regret it at all. It was one of the most entertaining and enjoyable activities I have done for the school so far.
   Firstly, we had to discover a box suitable for this purpose. Luckily, I found a huge and quite an old box at home. The problem was how to transport it to the school in an overcrowded bus at the morning peak hour. Accidentally, it was Friday and I did not have the first two lessons so the task was completed without any complications. Funny enough, we ended up not even using that box but everyone appreciated my effort.
   The second part of process was the actual designing. After spraying the box with green dye and letting it dry we could finally get creative.

you can see the stars I've made
I do not remember who came up with a genius idea to cut out lots of little houses from a plain white paper and attach them to the box leaving a centimeter wide space in between and placing a light garland there, but that's what we unanimously agreed to do. Our team shared responsibilities that way working faster and more effectively. I volunteered to make little origami stars for the top of the box. At first, I had to do it looking at the step by step video, but after some time I already had the skill of making the stars. Actually, it's not that hard as it seemed at the start. The whole decorating took us about five hours not including an additional hour or two of finishing touches on the day we had to present it to the students' authority.

The final result
    Honestly, it was not hard to come up with the initial idea because we already had some limitations and requests. However, it was definitely a challenge to make a presentable and proud-worthy result in just a few days. With the help of each other we managed to do it quite fast. All the ideas materialized into a green quite sophisticated but at the same time festive Christmas mailbox. I learned not only how to make origami stars but how to work efficiently and collaborative in a team as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job