Teaching to knit

   My mother has been knitting at her leisure for as long as I can remember. I think it is clear without saying that she's the one who made me wish to learn this craft and consequently taught it. It was six years ago when I developed a real passion for knitting. However, after a year or so it faded away and mom was left alone to knit clothes for the whole family.
   I did not have even a slight thought that the skill of knitting will ever come in handy. Surprisingly it did and for a very kind cause. As some of my classmates came up with the project idea of gifting knitted socks to premature babies in hospitals I offered my help in teaching them how to do it.
   To be honest, it took a while to remember the actual process but with the help of my wonderful mother I managed to finally memorize it step by step.
   The initial thought of passing my skills to others excited me but soon I faced not so attractive reality. It is extremely hard to get used to proper holding of knitting needles and especially to the technique of knitting socks. If you did not know socks are knitted with five short needles instead of two long ones. Considering my personal initial struggle it was hundreds of times harder for beginners I taught. It required a lot of patience and effort to properly explain everything in detail for others. However, the feeling of some kind of pride and happiness for them made it worth the struggle. Moreover it was actually really enjoyable to do something together for the little ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job