Fighting for the powerless

   Today was a really exciting day for me. As a true animal lover I couldn't miss a chance to speak up against fur usage for fashion. It just doesn't fit in my mind that in 21st century people are still exploiting and killing animals for fur. I believe in modern world there's no room for that especially because of the variety of high quality fake fur we are provided nowadays.
   I guess I should finally mention what an event I'm talking about. This afternoon my sister ans I participated in The March for Animals 2017 organized by non-profit organization "Tušti narvai". I was overwhelmed by the unity of almost a thousand activists that gathered to convey such an important message. There was no chance for the crowd to be left unnoticed. Together with the rest we were shouting different slogans such as "Fur is for animals not for Gariūnai (it's a bazaar where fur is also prevalent)". Many photos and videos were taken but somehow only our poster peaked out here and there occasionally.
   Yes, my sister and I made a poster on Friday saying "what if it was your pet suffering". It wasn't that hard to write the fraze on the paper but as true perfectionists we ended up spending much more time on it than planned. Still, it was great to work together.
   This march was very momentous for me. I enjoyed it for the fullest and the hope for fur farms to be closed in Lithuania for good increased majorly! I believe our protest helped some people to rethink the actual origin of their clothes and choose cruelty-free ones.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job