Paying back my old debt

The test-sock
   Not many know, that in fact my sister and I were born preterm. My grandma still tells stories about how frightened she was when first saw us so tiny laying in incubators. Once we needed help of others to survive and now the time has come to pay back our debt.
   It was a merit of a few classmates that came up with a brilliant idea to knit socks for premature babies and gift them for a hospital. As I already mentioned in my previous post about knitting it was a struggle to remember my long-time ago acquired skills of handling needles and yarn. Nevertheless, I truly enjoyed the process of actually materializing my desire to help.
   At first, I wanted to practice a little so a test-sock was a way to go. I took the first yarn I could find at home and started the hard work. After a few solid sweats the sock was nearly finished and there was no point in continuing it. At this point the knitting seemed a lot easier, however, still challenging, as I wanted to make the socks perfect in size and quality.
   It took me from three to four hours to produce two little socks. It wasn't as effortless as it might seem, but I'm proud of the final result. I hope my effort will pay off and the socks will help the little ones to keep warm and strengthen faster.
Still cannot believe how tiny these are!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job