Overcoming my conviction

    Never have I ever thought the day like 18th of December will come. That date was special for me as I participated in a Christmas run for the first time. It was a true challenge to win the battle against cold and slipperiness. The idea to join other crazy runners who are not afraid of winter came from my classmate Kamilė. She's a former athlete so obviously she had an interest to try it out. If you ask what was my reason to agree with Kamilė's offer only one thing would come up to my mind. It's curiosity. I was extremely curious to see what my body is capable of. Somehow my whole life I've had the conviction that I could only run when it's warm outside. It appeared to be a figment of mine and usually an excuse to avoid working out.
    To be honest, even though the distance I signed for was only 3 km I felt the need to prepare myself physically as well as mentally. Unfortunately, my plans to work out a few times the week before did not materialized due to my laziness. However, the actual run was very smooth and I enjoyed it even more than my autumn run. My finish time was 17:38 which is half a minute longer compared to the previous one three months ago. Despite that the feeling of pride still arises inside of me.
    After this incredible run I promised to continue participating in autumn and winter runs every year as a tradition of mine. I hope next year I will have the courage to try out a longer distance or at least improve my results.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job