Helping to prepare for the olympiad

It has been a while since the last time I participated in any kind of Olympiad and to be honest, I kind of missed the feeling of competition during and satisfaction after the contests. Luckily, today I got an opportunity to feel the atmosphere of upcoming Česlovo Kudabos Geography Competition held at Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences. 
Initially, I had an imagination that this will be a small competition for a few hundred people from my town. However, only later at the University I found out that as much as a thousand people are going to attend it. This really shocked me and brought to the reality of how much work has to be done. Luckily, there were a lot more volunteers than the three of us (the usual - Kamilė, Ignė and I) as I imagined it would be.
At first, we had to wait for instructions for a good half an hour or even more and I found it extremely boring to just observe confused teachers trying to figure out what task must be completed. Nevertheless, the time of waiting passed quickly and I was ready for the hard work ahead. I was glad to get to volunteer with the same people as I'm used to because this already ensured the most efficient group work. 
We were appointed one auditorium and the task was to stick a numbered and coloured pieces of paper at the prescribed sitting place. The special printed layout of the auditorium and already marked places was extremely helpful in completing the job as organized manner as possible. This ensured that we were quick to finish our task without any failure. Then followed the distribution of the competition tasks also according to the colours. 
Overall, it was a great feeling to contribute to such an event especially as I am studying geography at the moment. It was interesting to acknowledge that so many people participate in such an event that I only heard of today. Moreover, I appreciated the company of my friends which made the volunteering much more entertaining and quick. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job