Sewing something exciting!


Colder and colder days are approaching but as almost every girl, the urge to look good remains in my heart. It's easy to go and buy warm clothes in a store, but recently there's nothing that suites my taste. After last year's pretty successful experience I once again decided to create what I want by myself. This time I thought to go for something different and try sewing a skirt. The challenge that I anticipated was the thick material needed in order for the skirt to be warm enough in our windy Lithuanian weather. The thicker the material the harder for the sewing machine to move the needle across it and the harder it is to make stable steams. Despite knowing this, I still was determined to achieve the best result.
First things first, my mother and I went to the store to pick up the required material and she helped me to choose the suitable one. Afterwards, I went through all the sewing magazines we had at home and tried to find something similar to what I wanted. Lucky me, I found exactly the patter I needed for! Half of the work was done at this point, but the hardest part was yet to come.
It was easy to cut out the separate pieces following the pattern and adjust them a little according to my measurements. It even was quite easy to sew the pieces together as the instructions were pretty clear; however, it wouldn't be me if everything went smoothly. I somehow managed to sew the wrong sides together (the inside part to the outside) and needed to re-sew that part. Fortunately, it was an easily fixable mistake and it was right as it had to be in ten minutes. The second challenge I encountered was a zipper that I hadn't had a chance to learn to sew ever before. I found it really confusing to understand were and which sides to sew together. Here were mum came to help. She made sure I did everything correctly without messing something up (thanks mum!). Surprisingly, to attach loops for the belt was also quite an easy task. And that's it. My skirt was (is) finished. I already wore it once and got numerous compliments! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job