Preparation for a public run

super red but super happy as well!
   This month I planned to do a 30 day abs challenge but after doing a similar one for squats I realized that there's no point in this kind of activity. Moreover, it is boring and dangerous as you can easily get hurt performing ridiculous numbers of squats or any other exercise. So instead I decided to start in advance preparing for my future 5 km run in "We run Vilnius" which will take place in May.
   To be honest, my relationship with running evolved as a true roller coaster. When I was in 10th grade my father and I used to run a solid distance at least three times a week early in the morning. That's when I improved and started to really enjoyed this sport. However, time passed by and nor my dad neither I no longer had time to continue running. A year later and I found myself practicing this sport once again in summer but with much less enjoyment. Since the new academic year I took an occasional run here and there but it didn't seem to interest me anymore. Only after entering IB, that forced me to participate in public runs, I started to love and crave running again. So my "love" continuous till this day but my physical state is definitely lost from being on and off this activity. My goal is to regain the ability to run 5 km without stopping for a rest.
  I started from little - 2 km runs whenever I have time and energy. It has been easier and easier with each run. Luckily, I maintained my ability to breath correctly which has helped me to faster jump back on track. I was quite scared to run more than usual but when I tried to add an additional kilometer it actually appeared  to be much easier than I expected.
  So since next month I will try to run 3-4 km and in the end of it 5 km distance. It is challenging as usually the weather is really windy in my area ant the sun is not always out. However, I must get used to running in any conditions so that in my public run I feel comfortable despite any factors of nature.
   Good news, since the next month I will track my progress with an app to see the exact distance and pace. I feel excited to accomplish my goals and improve further.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job