St. Casimir's fair

St. Casimir's fair have always been one of my favorite events of the year since the early childhood. Till this day I remember taking photos near the traditional green chair with the Lithuanian name for the celebration "Kaziuko mugė" on it. This year I decided to do something different and participate in St. Casimir's fair as a volunteer and not only as a visitor. The feeling of excitement fulfilled me but it lasted not for long.
When my friend and I showed at the Cathedral square ready to communicate and have fun in a kids' zone, where we were initially assigned, the disappointing truth hit us in full force. Almost none of the kids entered our tent to be painted on the face, which was our primarily task. As a true volunteers we tried to find ourselves some meaningful activities. Unfortunately, our efforts were fruitless. Even though the coordinator prescribed us to hang special posters on traders' tents signing the availability of card payment it took less than an hour to send us back to the volunteers point, where we had to wait further directions. At this point I was really cold but still seeking to be useful so any questions visitors of the fair had were kindly answered by my friends and I.
Overall, volunteering at St. Casimir's fair taught me that it is extremely important to organize properly what was poorly done by coordinators. Still, I had an opportunity to show my Russian and English language skills while communicating with foreigners. Also, as we shared the responsibilities and activities while hanging the posters I practiced my ability to work in a team. Despite all the interferences it was pleasing to contribute to the smooth proceeding of the fair as well as interesting to see it from the different point of view.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job