It's the attention that matters

  It's always those little kids whom we feel sorry for the deepest. That's why the urge to help them is the utmost as well. When half a year ago I included "Spalvotas pavasaris" ("Colorful spring"), which is an event of kindness of crocheting head wears to kids with oncological diseases, to my CAS plan, I wasn't sure whether it will actually take place this year but after acquiring what a beautiful cause it had, there was nothing left except hope for the best.
Ready to be sent to Kaunas!
   As time came near my predicted date of the event launch according to prior investigation I was a little skeptical about it's occurrence, so the only solution I thought of was to write to one of the active participants from earlier years. She redirected me to the coordinator of "Spalvotas pavasaris" who assured that the event is just about to start. After her guidance I instantly got down to work. Firstly, mom helped me to pick natural threads from the pile we already had at home. Next, it was time to find the pattern I wanted to follow. For the first cap I chose this uncomplicated youtube video. It wasn't actually hard to remember my childhood skills at all after watching a detailed explanation. Unfortunately,  for whatever reason my cap did not curl up as it was supposed to . So after crocheting more than a half I saw no point in continuing and started over. This time I chose even more detailed video, to find which I had to invoke my Russian language skills. It seemed the simplest of all, but I still struggled a little because each round was different and precise video-follow was necessary. A week later and the cap saw the light. The reason why it took me pretty long to finish, keeping in mind that it's not a significant craft, is that I only dedicated approximately a half or a full hour a day. So the period of seven days is actually quite fast for an old beginner, I believe. The second cap was based on the other video. This one was much more entertaining to crochet and to be honest, even a little addicting. One weekend and it was done.
   I haven't send them to Kaunas yet, where the collection point is based, because I need to collect other caps from my classmates, but I'm more than excited to do that. I'm super glad that I did not gave up on this activity and was able to participate in "Spalvotas pavasaris". Even though two caps is not much but the whole purpose is to show attention to families of sick kids and whish a pleasant and colorful spring.
P. S. Shame on me, but for some reason I don't have any photos of the process of crocheting. If you don't believe I made this, jusk ask to make you one, I'll definitely will!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job