Teaching to crochet

It seems not that long ago I was spreading the skill of knitting and now it's crocheting time. This time for a good cause as well. Recently some of my classmates accepted my invitation to participate in "Spalvotas pavasaris" campaign which is an event of crocheting head wears to kids with oncological diseases. It is heartbreaking to think about little kids all around the world fighting horrible diseases, so if there's any chance to ease their suffer with no doubt I will take it.
   If you do not know yet, to crochet a cap is ten times easier than to knit a pair of socks so I did not expect someone to find this kind of handcraft hard. It was true, no one have stumbled across major problems. Still, some basics had to be introduced. I showed how to crochet a starting ring and what to do after for Kamilė. She caught the angle pretty fast and continued to crochet at home. A little more help was required by Deimantė, who actually appeared to be very talented for this craft. I guided her throughout the whole process as she wanted to make a more complex cap and constant supervision was necessary. After all, it was not hard for me to share my knowledge in crocheting sphere. I hope girls will maintain their acquired skill for some time and maybe recall it later in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job