Online seminar about Čiurlionis

When I was in the first-second grade my dad used to paint quite often. He enjoyed spending his leisure time with a pencil or a black pen in his hands. I always admired his creations even though he didn't seem to like them himself. Being at such a young age I also enjoyed drawing but didn't really wanted to learn myself all the techniques so my dad used to sometimes show different 'secrets' of drawing. I loved his short classes but it never got me truly interested in pursuing highlands in this sphere of art. However, I always remained a creative spirit which later on I tried to express through learning to sew, knit, crochet, embroider etc. What I recently discovered is that I always tried these different activities but never acknowledged the history behind or most famous artists and works. So that's the reason the seminar about most famous paintings of Mikalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis got my attention. To my surprise, the seminar was taught by one of my school teachers and this was the first time I got a chance to listen to him. The first hour was kind of difficult to follow but still some interesting facts slipped here and there, for example that Čiurlionis wasn't actually understood and accepted by Lithuanians during his times just because Lithuania was mostly village and people were uneducated at that time. Until watching this seminar I never even gave a thought to such things but they really fascinated me, especially the secrets of famous paintings of Čiurlionis. Even though, as the teacher R. Jankauskas said, this painter's creations can be interpreted differently by each individual, there are certain ideas and little details that lead your path the right way. I truly never imagined that so many unnoticeable things were so important in those paintings. I enjoyed both, the content and the way the teacher was able to present the information and would recommend for everyone to watch and learn new things about so well-known painter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job