Learning to ice skate

It has always been my dream to learn to skate. When it comes to moving on ice skates I somehow lose control over my body and don't feel stable at any position whatsoever. It's usually very frustrating for me to attend skating places as it never turns out as entertaining as I imagine. However, this time, when Kamilė offered to teach me the basics of skating, I agreed with no additional thought! I had zero expectations but the whole experience was truly delightful.
At first, I felt very unconfident on the ice skates and squeezed Kamilė's palm as hard as I could in order not to fall. However, she explained that you have to lean forward as much as possible to keep stable and don't fall back. Also, I was astonished to learn that you have to make little of big swings with your legs to move smoothly and confidently. I was actually convinced the opposite! I guess it's never too late to learn.
Kamilė and I spent almost an hour riding together and towards the end I felt much more confident but not as much to ride alone yet. Especially since there were too many kids (hence the start of Christmas holidays) and I was too fearful to run into any of them. Also, initially I was afraid it will be very cold in an iced skating rink, but I was moving so much that it turned out completely opposite.
Overall, I'm glad I had Kamilė not only as a teacher but also as a physical and mental support. She's great at encouraging and boosting confidence so I'm thankful we went to enjoy this Christmassy entertainment together. I did not reach my dream to learn to skate freely yet, but one step at a time is better than nothing! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job