Dealing with winter inconveniences

Whenever streets fill up with a fluff of snow it brings a lot of joy to little ones, however, simultaneously it brings a lot of inconvenience to adults, especially older ones and daily pedestrians like me. In suburbs where mountains of snow get cleaned off only from roadways but not from pedestrian trails the problem of hard accessibility of bus stops and grocery stores is especially prevailing. Last week I encountered with similar problem in my living area while walking to the bus stop and thought of cleaning it not for myself but more for others walking the same direction as well because I see a lot of elderly walking to the same bus stop. Imagine how hard it is for them when even I struggle to properly walk on that uneven surface! So the next day, after school my sister and I armed with some snow shovels and did our best to make the pedestrian trail as clean as it was possible. Even though the trail never seemed to be long, this time I did found myself wondering when will it already end. Luckily, an hour or so later we were done with cleaning it and our tired faces were glowing with quite some pride (and sweat a little). During that time a few locals have passed but none of them dared to ask why two of us were cleaning the path, which I am very content with as to be honest, I was slightly ashamed of what I was doing. Not that there was any reason to be ashamed of, but I wasn't used to such kind of activity. Nevertheless, it was a beneficial experience for me as I learned that with a good company it's not only twice easier to work but it's also twice less uncomfortable as we were able to laugh and help each other in physically hard or mentally awkward moments. Moreover, I'm glad I was able to benefit my local area residents and help them to have a much more convenient winter for at least a short period of time (until it snows again). 
Here's before and after results:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job