Food blog (I)

When I was probably 6-7 years old, my mom used to give my sister and me all the leftover veggies, cheese, sausage or any other sandwich-type of meat to cut with little knives and make a salad. I'll admit, the salad itself wasn't usually a masterpiece to enjoy, but the process of cutting (what at the time seemed like cooking) was strangely satisfying. It was one of my most favourite activities of childhood! So, this kind of craving for cooking remained till these days. That's why I decided to take a step further and create my own food blog. One might ask what will be so special about my blog for it to stand out of millions of others? Well, in my food blog I'll be posting only recipes containing no animal products. Why? Because I want to challenge and force myself to try something new and not as familiar as usual stews, cookies, cupcakes etc. After all, it's even healthier to exclude meat, dairy products and eggs.
The intention of a blog is not only to show my experiments in the kitchen but to present and describe the dishes in an appealing and entertaining way as well. I believe that the writing will be numerous of times more challenging for me than cooking.
To move on, today I posted my first recipe, which was chocolate aquafaba (liquid from a can of beans) mousse. It was my first time trying to make this dessert and it turned out quite well. I expected it to be a little densier, but after eating a few portions I got used to this airy texture. The recipe was very simple but I was still nervous that the aquafaba wasn't going to beat the same as eggs. Who would have thought that after five or so minutes it will become the same texture as beaten egg whites! Overall, this was a totally different dish to what I'm used to making but nevertheless delicious. Will be making again for sure! As for the writing side, words somehow flowed naturally and I enjoyed the process. I hope that other recipes will be equally easy to describe and present to the readers.
Here's the link to the blog: https://sucinkeliu.wordpress.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job