Once again volunteering at the Food bank

In the past I have volunteered at the "Food bank" for several times already, but it was always someone else who coordinated the shift. I still remember the time I first participated in the event in the beginning of the first IB year and those from IB2 coordinated my shift. To be honest, I couldn't have imagined to be in their place and to take such a responsibility but here I was, a year later, doing exactly the same as they did. 
At first, I doubted myself but not long after I decided to take the challenge and raise the scale a little higher by finally coordinating one of the shifts. The initial task was to gather a team of five people. I underrated the difficulty of this task and didn't give much thought to it until the last minute when there was only one person willing to volunteer. Inactivity of IB1 really surprised me; luckily, there was a lot of first-graders from National program willing to help. The first task was accomplished but many more followed, mainly at the grocery store where the volunteering proceeded. I had to constantly run around to grab boxes for food items that were piling up, also, I had to communicate with the authority, give gratitude presents to those donating, arrange the donations etc. 
Overall, it was an amazing experience, I enjoyed the ability to control the situation and also, enjoyed the trust of other volunteers. It was worth stepping out of my usual shyness and trying the activity I had never done before. 
Unfortunately, I was so busy that I even forgot to take a photo with my volunteers...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job