It's never too cold to run

I'm probably the most winter-hating person I know. For me, winter associates with constantly being cold at school (even in three layers of clothes on), brown slush on the streets, which forces you to always look for the "clean" spot to step on, dark morning-drives to and dark evening-returns from school, which almost makes you fell like some kind of a nocturnal animal, and many other similar melancholic and depressing things. The only aspect of winter that I do truly enjoy is Christmas. It's the most comforting holiday of all and always involves vast amounts of delicious finger-licking foods. But before eating you have to deserve it, I guess?
That was not the main reason I decided to participate in a Christmas run, more like the desire to actually move my body. Also, last year I really enjoyed to run in a cold weather, so this year there were no doubts I'm taking the chance, especially considering that the organizers introduced a new "Fun run" specially for those who do it for fun and don't need to receive all the gifts from sponsors and a medal. Though I was quite sad not to add one into my collection. 
Although all my friends that were meant to run with me couldn't participate, my sister was ready to keep the company. This time the weather was also suitable for a run but as we were dressed pretty easily, at first it was cold to walk to the starting location. Luckily, a run was just what we needed to warm ourselves up.  
Usually I'm very competitive and push to the maximum in order to show my best result, but this time my sister and I decided to take it easy and simply enjoy the Christmas spirit. 
Not counting my sister's collision with a baby stroller of an actively running dad (yes, he ran and pushed the baby stroller at the same time!), the run was very smooth and actually fun. We even tried to "dress up" a little for the run to keep up with other Christmassy participants. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job