Lottery for a good cause

I was rushing after the event & forgot to return the attributes...
Only recently I started to truly appreciate the time of upcoming Christmas. Festive music, sparkling lights, decorated Christmas trees and some kind of lifted mood - it all creates a little happiness deep in my heart. However, there's something else that also adds up to the spirit of Christmas - it's the act of sharing with others and International Christmas Charity Bazaar is the perfect opportunity to share with those in need. It was a second time of me volunteering at this event and this time it was a completely different experience. A year ago I was distributing flyers inviting to visit the event but this year I was assigned to invite people to participate in a lottery. It was a major challenge for me to leave my shyness behind and communicate with people confidently, especially as the majority of them were refusing to even listen till the end what I had to say! After half an hour or so I noticed that my inner constrain faded away and it was much easier to make an approach to strangers. The other obstacle in the smooth volunteering was the weather. It was extremely cold (also, I generally cannot stand the cold) and I had to volunteer outside, but short breaks inside helped to survive those hours. 
What also differed from last year was that I actually volunteered alone and compared to last year's abundant company I was quite lonely and lacked someone to share my thoughts. Nevertheless, the overall experience was very useful in a way that there were a lot of money collected to help poorer Lithuania's schools, special needs and youth centers. I'm proud to be a part of such beneficial and altruistic event. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job