Pie day

They look good, am I right? 
Last year my sister and I baked doughnuts for the school Pie day and this year we decided to try something new that would arise the temptation to taste test our creation equally as those doughnuts. After looking through several recipes I proposed to bake some cinnamon rolls which were meant to be slightly sweet, full of cinnamon and, of course, fluffy inside. Recipe itself seemed pretty basic, especially for such cooking-obsessed person like me. Everything was great until we popped the rolls into the oven. I'm guessing it was too long of a time for the rolls to bake for around half an hour, but they came out super hard and not fluffy at all. I was extremely disappointed because not only they took almost half a day to make (a few hours for dough to rise were required), they actually looked great as well! It was misleading to make the rolls twice smaller in size than the original recipe called for and expect them to require baking for equal time as regular-sized. The mistake was irreversible and we just couldn't bring these near rock-solid (clearly exaggerating) rolls to the event.
Igne's sugar-dusted cake at the process of selling
Luckily, Igne saved the day by making the most simple and quick chocolate cake. Why didn't I join? Well, she made it spontaneously at 1 pm but the end result was spectacular! It was the fluffiest chocolate cake I've ever tried in my life! Moreover, it was made without any animal products which is even more surprising considering how good it was. Unfortunately, it didn't look as appealing as cinnamon rolls or doughnuts so some of it was leftover. Fortunately, I had nothing against consuming those few pieces myself (also, my sister shared some with a few teachers and a classmate).
Overall, this experience taught me that there's always a solution for the problem or failure and that it's always better to go with the safe plan.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job