10000 steps a day

Having to spend most of my time by the desk I can really feel the lack of exercise in my daily life. Now, when the exams are so close I feel deprived of physical activities even more. However, it’s not an excuse to choose the elevator instead of the stairs or take a bus instead of walking.
This month was supposed to be dedicated  to walking 10000 steps a day, but it appeared to be much more difficult than I expected. I assumed that I usually was walking most of that amount but I was surprised to acknowledge that I barely could get to half of that. Therefore, it was much more of a challenge to walk 10000 steps than I initially anticipated. First of all, I found it hard to keep up with the fixed number of steps. I always managed to get 5000 steps but to double that I had to make a significant effort. Sometimes it even required a few (or more) circles around my neighborhood before coming home form school. Before this moth I believed that I enjoy walking but it wasn’t that fun after all. I guess the issue wasn’t the walking itself but rather the requirement to fulfill a certain amount of steps. Most of the time I struggled at weekdays, because school work was more of a priority to me, while it was relatively easy at weekends, because I usually went to the library which requires a bit of walking here and there. However, despite all the struggles I felt great on the days I reached the goal because not only I managed to complete my daily goal but I also moved my body which made me feel better physically and mentally. It was great to have a small daily goal but at this time I would prefer to devote all my free time to studying (or sleeping...). 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning spelling and syntax

Jumping with friends

Trying out the art of doodling