Colouring is not only for kids

For most people colouring books associate with childhood; however, there is a new trend going for a while now which is colouring books for adults. Books stores' shelves are loaded with such books and it seems that almost everyone has one at home now. The reason behind all of this is that it is claimed that colouring helps to relieve stress and even strongly assimilates meditation. As I have already tried meditating in the past and really enjoyed it, I thought it would be interesting to try out colouring as an alternative. Luckily, I already had a mandala pattern book at home which I didn't really get a chance to try out and it seemed a great opportunity to finally do it. 
I coloured one mandala per week the whole month and each week I tried to choose more and more complex pattern. The first one was pretty easy and it required only a few colours, but the other ones got me really struggling while matching multiple colours together. I didn't expect that this supposedly relaxing activity would actually require some thinking. Even though I had a pack of 3 felt-tip pens, it seemed not quite enough to satisfy my needs. However, I simply used the same colour repeatedly at times which solved the problem but made the pattern look slightly boring. To avoid that, I mostly tried to make certain pieces of the pattern stand out by colouring them in a brighter colour while others were serving as a background with more dull and subtle colours. Overall, I would say it definitely helped me to relax, but it made me frustrated at times as well because being slightly a perfectionist I was not happy when the colour got out of lines. Nevertheless, I would strongly recommend this activity for stressed adults or teenagers as it makes you focus on the work and forget about all the problems of the real world. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job