St. Casimir's fair
St. Casimir's fair have always been one of my favorite events of the year since the early childhood. Till this day I remember taking photos near the traditional green chair with the Lithuanian name for the celebration "Kaziuko mugÄ—" on it. This year I decided to do something different and participate in St. Casimir's fair as a volunteer and not only as a visitor. The feeling of excitement fulfilled me but it lasted not for long. When my friend and I showed at the Cathedral square ready to communicate and have fun in a kids' zone, where we were initially assigned, the disappointing truth hit us in full force. Almost none of the kids entered our tent to be painted on the face, which was our primarily task. As a true volunteers we tried to find ourselves some meaningful activities. Unfortunately, our efforts were fruitless. Even though the coordinator prescribed us to hang special posters on traders' tents signing the availabilit...
Comments
Post a Comment