Trying out the art of doodling

I've always used to come across the word 'doodle' but it never appeared to me that it was a form of art until I actually searched what it looks like. It's a combination of simple drawings made with a black pen and not even necessarily bearing a certain meaning. The simplicity and freedom of choice in this drawing form instantly made me want to try it out myself as I've always been interested in drawing with only a black pen. 
I'll be honest, it looks much easier that it actually is. It was extremely hard for me to draw without a pencil sketch as I'm used to perfecting the drawing with a pencil and eraser and only then outlining with something permanent. So, doodling was definitely a totally new experience for me but I truly enjoyed it. To ease my way into the new art form I firstly chose to draw space-related doodles which was quite simple as it was only a combination of circles and lines (also dots). I was very proud with the end and decided to try doodling something else. Well, my choice of plants in a pot was not the best because it turned out I need much more practice in drawing realistic or at least interesting and not simply basic plants. I ended up drawing a few plants and moving on to cactuses which didn't leave me satisfied with the result as well. Then I wanted to make a compilation of flowers, different leaves and branches but this went even worse... At this point I gave up and decided to come back to doodling another day. The beginning was promising, but unfortunately, I need much more practice than I thought I did. Overall, I enjoyed making doodles as you can draw whatever you like and there's no need in colouring your pictures (I hate matching colours...). 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job