Colours of the Nations bazaar


There are several hundreds of nations around the world. Of course, no one is familiar with all of them, but let's admit, it's always fascinating to get acquainted with the outlandish language, traditions and history. That is the reason I was attracted to volunteer at the Nations bazaar. Ironically, in the end, I didn't even do anything related to nations.
Organizers of the event offered a few zones that were in need of volunteers and I chose kids zone where little ones were meant to be painting on differently shaped pieces of foam. I knew that this definitely would be a true challenge for me as at this point of my life I'm not fascinated by kids and their sudden upsets. However, it appeared to be one of the most entertaining and beneficial volunteering activities this year so far.
At first, we (volunteers) seriously struggled with the arrangement of the tent appointed to kids due to the insanely heavy wind. A plan to bring the "furniture" outside did not work out as all the tables and chairs were made of foam thus super easily blown away by the force of nature. After giving up this ambitious idea we tried to clean up the tent as much as possible for it to be appropriate for little ones and I believe that our team did a pretty good job. To be honest, I didn't even expect kids to be attracted to this kind of activity but the rate of attendance was pretty high. There were moments when you couldn't even move properly in the tent due to the number of families that were present there. I really enjoyed communicating with the children as well as providing them with the necessary paint colours, brushes or water.
Even though my expectations were completely different from the reality, I still appreciate this experience which not only once again proved that teamwork is the most efficient way to complete tasks but actually revived my prior love for kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job