Learning spelling all over again

Those who know my life story will probably understand why I chose to take Lithuanian lessons with Aušrinė who is an expert in this field. Over the lifetime I've spent six years abroad, during three of which I haven't learned Lithuanian at all. I remember, there was a period when my sister and I were even starting to talk in a foreign language with our parents at home. I'm glad that those six years were separated in two cadencies with a three-year gap, which helped me to get back into talking in my native language; however, I didn't manage to catch up some rules of spelling or syntax that I unfortunately missed, and to this day it bothered me and detained from getting the highest grades from my essays. So, these 45-minute lessons with Aušrinė seemed a pretty good idea to learn Lithuanian grammar and improve my writing skills. Plus, when chatting with my friends, I often doubt how to write particular words and this is a perfect opportunity to scatter the fog.
I don't even remember what was the exact push-factor to initiate such activity, but Aušrinė was glad to teach me what she knows the best. We decided to divide the spelling and syntax into two months and have one lesson per week.
So far we have had two lessons and I can say that Aušrinė is the best teacher I could have had! Even if sometimes she doubts herself, she instantly finds an explanation in the back of her head. Sometimes, I can't even believe how she is able to remember all the exceptions of millions of rules! Getting back to myself, I do not try to memorate everything, but I try to understand the rules and do all the homework she gives.
It was an amazing experience and cannot wait to start learning syntax next month.
Oh! I forgot to mention that I'm not the only one learning with Auštinė! There's three of us and it's so much easier to learn in a group because we try to help each other as much as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job