Getting back into running?

Summer went by and all my promises to be active and do sports faded as if there were no any at all. So when the school year started, I took every possible opportunity to finally get rid of physical laziness. One of those opportunities was "Corny student run". I thought the distance of 3 km won't be challenging, but believe me, it was more than that. It appears that my physical abilities simply disappeared and already after the first kilometre I could feel the hard burden of running. The problem was not the lack of muscle strength but rather low endurance. However, I wasn’t ready to give up. My plan was to hold back last bits of energy till the last 100 meters and then to run with all the life left in me. Sadly, this strategy did not justify and my running time was 18:21, which is more than a minute slower than the last time. Despite that, I really enjoyed the actual running process, especially because the weather was nice, neither too hot nor too cold. Moreover, I had my usual company - Ignė and Kamilė. 
To conclude, even though I did not run faster than the year before, I am still proud of myself not giving up and participating even without prior practicing. This run actually motivated me to get back into running, hope it won't evaporate that quickly. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax

Great price - great job