Great price - great job

We live in a world where it's getting more and more expensive to live a qualitative life. It's always frustrating to learn that the price of your favorite bread, milk or product in general has risen, but from my yesterday's experience the increase of value is not necessarily a negative thing.
Less than 24 hours ago I volunteered at the new Food bank project called "Great price - great job", which was initiated by "IKI" retail chain. This market raised prices of 12 popular products by 1 euro and all the additional money will be donated to Food bank for the infrastructure, warehouse equipment etc. For the past sixteen years this company collected and distributed thousands of tons of food a year to those in need without any payment. After this long period of time, all the equipment has outdated and now it's in need for renewal. I believe it's mandatory to help them because once they helped us as a society. So I felt it was my duty to participate in "Great price - great job".
To be honest, I was not even near being excited about Thursday's volunteering session but the great cause of it raised my motivation up to a pretty much satisfactory level. Moreover, it was cold and very boring to stand in one place while giving flyers to the passers-by, however, nice company of Ignė and Miglė saved the evening.
This experience was not a pleasant one and I wouldn't wish to participate in such activity once again as I felt like wasting my time a little bit. Nevertheless, I am proud of those three hours which actually felt like double the time and double the energy. I hope Food bank will manage to collect enough money for a successful continuation of their generous activity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making origami figures

Learning spelling and syntax